Stephanie Marie Schieder
73 Oak Glen Rd, Toms River NJ 08753 732-814-9858 email@example.com
Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ
College of the Arts, Communications and Media Arts Major, Film Minor
- Expected Graduation: B.A. May 2018
- Major GPA: 3.8, Overall GPA: 3.6 Dean’s List
Wired Jersey (News Production Lab Course)
News Anchor for Wired in 90 February 2, March 16, and April 13, 2017
- Worked with the Executive Producers to finalize a script.
- Read from a teleprompter at a steady pace.
- Utilized various facial and vocal expressions while reading.
- Anchored for both a live and prerecorded runs of the show.
Executive Producer for Wired in 90 February 23 and March 23, 2017
- Collaborated with classmates on campus related news stories.
- Worked with a designated producing partner to write a script consisting of 5 to 6 news stories with graphics.
- Met with professor, Mark Effron for approval and necessary changes.
- Worked with the news anchor to ensure familiarity.
- Timed out various rehearsals to ensure the segment ran 90 seconds.
Video News Piece February 2017
- Prepared a verbal then written pitch of “Limitless” (the story of Amy the dancer who is going blind).
- Interviewed Amy and her father, Mark on camera using a Sony Ex-1.
- Attended Amy’s classes as well as met with her solo for b-roll dance footage.
- Collected stills of Amy’s childhood from her parents.
- Wrote several drafts of a script and sent each to Mark Effron for approval then made necessary changes.
- Edited the piece using Avid.
Teleprompter Operator March 2017
- Maintained a steady pace following the anchor’s speed.
- Worked in a control room setting.
- Listened to director cues over a headset.
Multimedia Piece March 2017
- Pitched a story idea on ESA therapy dogs.
- Interviewed two different student ESA handers on camera.
- Interviewed one student over the phone for audio clips.
- Met up with the handlers for a photo shoot using a Canon t6i.
- Edited the video clips using Avid.
- Wrote the body of the story with several drafts making necessary changes.